In an effort to reduce our costs at the grocery store, I'm on a kick of making homemade nut and seed milks. They're super easy and way cheaper than buying $5.99 fancy milks every week at the store. If you don't drink a lot of nut milk (like myself, I only use a little in my coffee and smoothies) you can freeze your milk into a silicone ice-cube tray for later use!
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup pecans
4 cups filtered water
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1. Soak hazelnuts and pecans in a bowl of filtered water for 6 hours or overnight.
2. Pour nuts and water into high speed blender. Add maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
3. Blend on high for 2 minutes
4. Strain with tiny-holed strainer (2x) or nut-milk bag.
5. Pour into glass container and enjoy! Store for up to 5 days.