1lb ground turkey
1/2 yellow onion
3 Tbsp avocado oil
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp chili flakes
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
Lemon juice from 1 lemon
One big handful of fresh basil leaves
Romaine lettuce leaves
Chopped grape tomatoes
1. Sauté onions in avocado oil in hot pan for 5 min until golden brown
2. Add to mixing bowl: ground turkey, sautéed onions, oregano, basil chili flakes, black pepper, and salt. Mix together with hands until combined.
3. Divide meat mixture into 4 equal parts. Form balls with meat and then flat patty shapes.
4. Heat cast iron skillet on high/medium heat for 3 minutes before adding avocado oil. Then add burger patties. Cook for 6-7 minutes on each side or until well done.
5. Mayo: in blender, add mayo, lemon juice, and basil leaves. Blend for chunky consistency.
6. Place burger patties onto flat romaine lettuce leaves. Add basil aioli and grape tomatoes on top. Fold romaine leaves around burger patty like a burger bun.
7. Enjoy and get messy!